Monday, March 25, 2013

Road Trip 1

Back in Sept, Mia and I took our first road trip. I was nervous. Driving nearly 8 hrs alone with a 2 yr old was more than a little terrifying.
I timed our departure right at nap time. So I got the first 2 hrs of driving behind us without issue.
We stopped to eat our picnic dinner and burn some energy at the halfway point.
Mia traveled much better than I expected. I was very proud of her. Finally we made it to Wisconsin. The next morning, I got to introduce my daughter to her great-grandparents for the very first time.
They were so excited to meet her.
We spent a couple days hanging out while she got to know them a little better.
We went to the zoo and Mia experienced her first Wisconsin cheese festival.
She also met her mommy's Aunt Deb.
And Uncle Mike.
The trip threw Mia off kilter for a few days once we got home. All the driving, being in a different place, out of her routine and off schedule did not bode well for my girl. But she bounced right back once we got back into her normal groove.
My grandfather had a stroke a few years ago and is unable to travel now. Time is never promised. So it was important for me to get Mia up there to meet both my grandparents. I'm so glad we made the trip.

0 comments:

Post a Comment